TYPES OF AGRICULTUREAll over the world, there are basically two types of agriculture.
1. Explain the term subsistence and commercial Agriculture
2. List and differentiate the various areas of specialization in agriculture
SUBSISTENCE AGRICULTUREThis is the type of agriculture where the farmer produces food just enough for his family consumption. In time of good harvest the surplus is sold for extra cash. The basic idea and aim of a subsistence farmer is to be able to feed his family.
CHARACTERISTICS OF SUBSISTENCE AGRICULTURE
1. The farms are very small.
2. It is Characterized by the use of simple farm tools such s hoes, cutlasses, axe and others
3. Usually mixed cropping. The planting of many different types of crops on a small piece of land
4. The farm workers are usually the farmer and his immediate family
5.most of the farmers are usually very poor.
6. They generally don't. The access to fertilizers.