cassava mealybugs pest of crops and effects on crop production, and it's control method
What is cassava mealybugs?
Cassava mealybug is an insect pest of cassava which attacks cassava tubers
Cassava mealybugs is a type of boring insect pest of crop.
Crops that are attacked by cassava mealybugs
The main crops that are attacked by cassava mealybugs is the cassava and cassava tuber.
Nature of Damages and the effect of cassava mealybugs attack
1. The cassava mealybugs attacks the cassava by twisting of stem and reduced internodes
2. Cassava mealybugs affect the cassava plant or crop by causing the stem or shoot system to swell
3. Another effect of cassava mealybugs is it causes stunted growth
4. Reduced yield
Prevention and control method of cassava mealybugs
1. To control the spread of cassava mealybugs, early planting should be observed by every farmer involved in cassava planting
2. The use of planting of pest resistant varieties of cassava should be encouraged by farmers
3. Cutting system of propagation should also be encouraged
4. Then the last of all is that to curb the excesses of cassava mealybugs, farmers should spray with the right insecticide or herbicide.
Interestingly every Attack of crop pest will always have a negative effect. they will certainly reduce the crop yield, reduce production rate and the May die off eventually
This is what we do.
thank you so much for coming today, please help us to share by using our social media handles
popular post of all time
WEEDS AND THEIR BOTANICAL NAMES The names of these weeds are as follows in detail Wild potato or moring glory--Striga senegalensis Broom w...
AGRICULTURAL IMPLEMENTS TYPES AND USES OF SIMPLE FARM TOOLS OR IMPLEMENTS. During agricultural production farmers carry out many farm op...
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF MECHANIZATION Farm mechanization is the use of Farm mechanization is the use of large farm implement. Farm...
what is Pre-planting operations? These are operations carried out before sowing. They include choosing of site, clearing, stumping, plo...
TWENTY (20) DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SUBSISTENCE AND COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE THERE A LOT OF difference between subsistence and commercial agric...
post Planting operations These are activities carried out by the farmer after land preparation. They are what the farm...
CULTURAL Practices in agriculture Cultural practices are all the activities carried out on the farm before, during and after planting of c...
Sources of farm power Farm power can be described as any source of energy( energy transfer in an ecosystem read here ) or force that can be...
FARM BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES 1. Identify different types of farm buildings and structures. 2. Outline the uses of the various buildings ...
Agricultural nomenclature Agricultural nomenclature The system of naming crops and weeds is based on that introduced by the Swedish Natu...
Commercial agriculture ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE Definition: commercial agriculture is defined as the typ...