green spider mite pest of cassava, it's effect and control method
What is green spidermite?
spider mite is an insect pest of crop that attacks cassava. The green spider mite best of crop processes mandible and the maxillae.
The green spidermite is an example of biting and chewing insect pest of crop
Crops that are attacked by green spider mite pest of crop
Cassava tubers is the major crop that is attacked by green spidermite of cassava
Nature of Damages and economic effect of green spider mite of cassava pest
The various ways whereby green spider mite of cassava attacks cassava crop are listed below
1. Since the cassava green spider mite pest is a biting and chewing insect, they basically feed on the leaves of cassava by eating them off
2. The attacks of green spider mite pest of cassava reduces the rate of photosynthesis thereby weakening the strength of the cassava for production
3. One of the effect of a green spider mite pest of cassava is that it reduces the ability or capacity of the crop plant cassava to produce in its maximum
Prevention and control measures of green spider mite pest of crop
The underlisted are some of the ways that we can curb or stop the spread of green spidermite pest of crops-cassava
1. the use of biological method of prevention is advised when dealing with the spread of green spider mite of cassava
2. Another practical method to curb the effect and spread of green spidermite pest of cassava is to spray with the appropriate insecticide or herbicide
Thank you for your time today.
feel free to share this article or post with your friends using our social media handle
you can as well leave your comment below and we'll reach you as soon as possible
popular post of all time
WEEDS AND THEIR BOTANICAL NAMES The names of these weeds are as follows in detail Wild potato or moring glory--Striga senegalensis Broom w...
AGRICULTURAL IMPLEMENTS TYPES AND USES OF SIMPLE FARM TOOLS OR IMPLEMENTS. During agricultural production farmers carry out many farm op...
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF MECHANIZATION Farm mechanization is the use of Farm mechanization is the use of large farm implement. Farm...
what is Pre-planting operations? These are operations carried out before sowing. They include choosing of site, clearing, stumping, plo...
TWENTY (20) DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SUBSISTENCE AND COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE THERE A LOT OF difference between subsistence and commercial agric...
post Planting operations These are activities carried out by the farmer after land preparation. They are what the farm...
CULTURAL Practices in agriculture Cultural practices are all the activities carried out on the farm before, during and after planting of c...
Sources of farm power Farm power can be described as any source of energy( energy transfer in an ecosystem read here ) or force that can be...
FARM BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES 1. Identify different types of farm buildings and structures. 2. Outline the uses of the various buildings ...
Agricultural nomenclature Agricultural nomenclature The system of naming crops and weeds is based on that introduced by the Swedish Natu...
Areas of Specialization in Agriculture The following are the different areas.which one can specialize in the study of agriculture: 1. So...