what are the effect of overgrazing on agricultural production?
What is overgrazing?
A very simple definition of overgrazing that overgrazing is a situation where more animal that can be supported on a particular pasture ground are put there to graze on it
Most times overgrazing occurs when there is an exceeding carrying capacity of the soil.
We can define overgrazing as a situation where the amount of grasses or weed found in an environment cannot support the total number of animals feeding on it.
In a situation where there is an overgrazing within a given square kilometre of land, what is the effect economically agriculturally on production?
The effects of overgrazing are listed below
1. Overgrazing removes the vegetative cover of The Sun resulting in high exposure of the soil to direct sunlight
2. Another effect of overgrazing is that it exposes the soil to direct gully erosion and sheet erosion
3. Overgrazing causes poor growth of crops plants and then regenerative capacity of crops are also reduced
4. Another important effect of overgrazing is at during grazing hours faeces are dropped within the land which could improve the fertility of the soil
5. One of the effect of overgrazing on a particular piece of land is that weed can easily be eradicated from such lands through grazing
6. Overgrazing destroys soil structure
7. Overgrazing exposes the topmost soil to soil erosion including wind erosion
8. Take note that overgrazing lead to component of the soil resulting from continuous sampling by animals hoofs
9. Overgrazing to be precise exposes the soil to hit which can easily draw the top most soil making the sprouting of crops difficult
Thank you for coming to resume of our post today feel free to share with your friends using our social media handle and don't forget to leave a comment below
popular post of all time
WEEDS AND THEIR BOTANICAL NAMES The names of these weeds are as follows in detail Wild potato or moring glory--Striga senegalensis Broom w...
AGRICULTURAL IMPLEMENTS TYPES AND USES OF SIMPLE FARM TOOLS OR IMPLEMENTS. During agricultural production farmers carry out many farm op...
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF MECHANIZATION Farm mechanization is the use of Farm mechanization is the use of large farm implement. Farm...
what is Pre-planting operations? These are operations carried out before sowing. They include choosing of site, clearing, stumping, plo...
TWENTY (20) DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SUBSISTENCE AND COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE THERE A LOT OF difference between subsistence and commercial agric...
post Planting operations These are activities carried out by the farmer after land preparation. They are what the farm...
CULTURAL Practices in agriculture Cultural practices are all the activities carried out on the farm before, during and after planting of c...
Sources of farm power Farm power can be described as any source of energy( energy transfer in an ecosystem read here ) or force that can be...
FARM BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES 1. Identify different types of farm buildings and structures. 2. Outline the uses of the various buildings ...
Agricultural nomenclature Agricultural nomenclature The system of naming crops and weeds is based on that introduced by the Swedish Natu...
Commercial agriculture ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE Definition: commercial agriculture is defined as the typ...