what is army worm pest of crop and how does it attack or affect crop plant
What is army worm?
Army worm is a type of crop pest that affect crops in the farm or in the store
As the name implies or suggest this insect pest or this pest is a worm like pest.
The army worm is a type or a typical example of biting and chewing insects
The army worm possesses mandible and maxillae mouthpart
Crops attacked by Army worm
Major crops that are attacked by the army worm are Terry and most importantly of this cereal crops is the maize crop plant
Nature of damage and economic effect done to crop plant by Army worm
The following are the ways which Army worm attacks the crop plant to reduce its life
1. The lavae of the army worm always will invade and eat up leaves and stem of the Maize
2. When the leaves of the crop plant is eaten up, it reduces the ability of photosynthesis
3. When the army one attacks and the plant can no longer produce its own food through photosynthesis, growth is retarded
4. And then in the end of the harvest season, the yield of crops and produce are reduced tremendously
Prevention and control measures of the army worm pest of crops
The following are the underlisted ways whereby we can prevent and control the spread of the army Worm on the farm
1. The number one method to control the spread of armyworm is through hand picking
what to do is identify the crops that are infected by the army worm and you try as much as possible to be picking them out one by one with hand
2. Because they attack of the army Worm on your farm majorly the Maize crop plant can be so effective that nearly all the plant stand is affected so the use and spraying of insecticide like DDT is very advised
Feel free to leave your question behind using our comment box and don't forget to also share this article with friends and family using our social media handle
popular post of all time
WEEDS AND THEIR BOTANICAL NAMES The names of these weeds are as follows in detail Wild potato or moring glory--Striga senegalensis Broom w...
AGRICULTURAL IMPLEMENTS TYPES AND USES OF SIMPLE FARM TOOLS OR IMPLEMENTS. During agricultural production farmers carry out many farm op...
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF MECHANIZATION Farm mechanization is the use of Farm mechanization is the use of large farm implement. Farm...
what is Pre-planting operations? These are operations carried out before sowing. They include choosing of site, clearing, stumping, plo...
TWENTY (20) DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SUBSISTENCE AND COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE THERE A LOT OF difference between subsistence and commercial agric...
post Planting operations These are activities carried out by the farmer after land preparation. They are what the farm...
CULTURAL Practices in agriculture Cultural practices are all the activities carried out on the farm before, during and after planting of c...
Sources of farm power Farm power can be described as any source of energy( energy transfer in an ecosystem read here ) or force that can be...
FARM BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES 1. Identify different types of farm buildings and structures. 2. Outline the uses of the various buildings ...
Agricultural nomenclature Agricultural nomenclature The system of naming crops and weeds is based on that introduced by the Swedish Natu...
Commercial agriculture ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE Definition: commercial agriculture is defined as the typ...