AGRICULTURAL BUSINESSDefinition: Agric-business is a business that earns most or all of its revenue from agriculture. Agric-business tends to be a large scale business operation and may dabble farming, processing and manufacturing, and/or the packaging and distribution of farm products. It is basically the business of farming. Agric-business also entails the production, processing, supply of food, trading in farm equipment, machinery, agro-chemicals, suppliers, import and export of agricultural product.
Characteristics of Agric-business(i) Scale of operation: Agric-business is practice on a large scale.
(ii) It has both vertical and horizontal integration: A company might own a facility that processes frozen vegetables along with a controlling share in farms which may produce these vegetables and companies which provide personnel to harvest and transport them.
CRITICISM OF AGRIC-BUSINESSOne major criticism of Agric-business is that it has been to successful, driving down price points and forcing small farms out of business as they cannot compete with big farms or firms.
HERE YOU WILL FIND EVERY AVAILABLE TOPICS ABOUT AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND BIOLOGY. AND THE LINKS TO THEIR VARIOUS SOURCES.
1. DEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURE
2. IMPORTANCE OF AGRICULTURE
3. SUBSISTENCE AGRICULTURE
4. COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE
5. PROBLEM OF AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT
6. SOLUTIONS TO POOR AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT
7. AGRICULTURAL LAWS AND REFORMS
8. ROLES OF GOVERNMENT IN AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT
9. AGRICULTURAL POLICIES
10. PROGRAM PLANNING IN AGRICULTURE
35. WILDLIFE CONSERVATION
39. BIOLOGICAL FACTORS
42. CLIMATIC FACTORS AFFECTING AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
47. SOLAR RADIATION
48. BIOTIC FACTOR AND AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION