major effects of crop rotation on agricultural activity
First let's define crop rotation
What is crop rotation?
Crop rotation is a system of farming where by different crops are grown on the same piece of land year after year in a definite manner so as to maintain the fertility of the soil
If the definition of crop rotation that I gave above is the accurate one so how can there be effect of crop rotation alright let's just go forward and look at some of the effect of the practice of crop rotation in an agricultural environment
The effects of crop rotation
When we say effect of anything we mean what that thing affects others or displaces others for. So the effect of crop rotation simply means how crop rotation affect our agricultural production
1. One major effect of crop rotation is that it add nutrients to the soil through the incorporation of leguminous crops in the rotation process
2. Crop rotation is used to control the effect of weed or growth of weeds on the farm. So what we mean here is that crop rotation process of Farming system is a method used for weed control
3. Crop rotation system of Farming is a method used to maximize the available land
4. Another effect of crop rotation or importance of crop rotation is that it helps to control pest associated with the soil
5. One major effect or importance of crop rotation is that it is useful in the control of diseases
6. Another major area or effect of crop rotation is that it is naturally used to control soil erosion
7. One great importance of crop rotation is the conservation of land
Thank you for coming today.
feel free to explore some of our articles and don't forget to share using our social media handles
Fabian has B.Sc in agriculture and biology. has taught in various schools and colleges. Certified computer technician and a trained auto mechanic, and I took to writing online in order to reach millions of people who would want to learn using their electronic gadgets to enhance their knowledge. I have major on Agricultural science, biology, health sciences and home economics
popular post of all time
WEEDS AND THEIR BOTANICAL NAMES The names of these weeds are as follows in detail Wild potato or moring glory--Striga senegalensis Broom w...
AGRICULTURAL IMPLEMENTS TYPES AND USES OF SIMPLE FARM TOOLS OR IMPLEMENTS. During agricultural production farmers carry out many farm op...
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF MECHANIZATION Farm Farm mechanization Farm mechanization Farm mechanization is Farm mechanization is the ...
what is Pre-planting operations? These are operations carried out before sowing. They include choosing of site, clearing, stumping, plo...
TWENTY (20) DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SUBSISTENCE AND COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE THERE A LOT OF difference between subsistence and commercial agric...
CULTURAL Practices in agriculture Cultural practices are all the activities carried out on the farm before, during and after planting of c...
post Planting operations These are activities carried out by the farmer after land preparation. They are what the farm...
Sources of farm power Farm power can be described as any source of energy( energy transfer in an ecosystem read here ) or force that can be...
Agricultural nomenclature Agricultural nomenclature The system of naming crops and weeds is based on that introduced by the Swedish Natu...
FARM BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES 1. Identify different types of farm buildings and structures. 2. Outline the uses of the various buildings ...
there are so many types of diseases that are caused by microorganisms in animals these diseases are harmful to the well-being of every anima...