what is coffee leaf rust, it causes, the symptoms of coffee leaf rust, prevention methods and control
What is leaf rust of coffee disease?
The coca leaf rust is a fungal type of disease. The leaf rust of coffee can also be known as coffee leaf blight disease. The disease is one of the most devastating disease that can wipe out a whole coffee plantation a matter of days.
The disease was first discovered around Eastern Africa in the 1960s
A transmitting method of the coffee leaf rust
The leaf rust of coffee can be transmitted through the following methods
1. Coffee leaf rust is transmitted through wind and by Rainsplash
General symptoms of the effect of coffee leaf rust
the following underlisted are some of the ways we can recognise the presence and effect of the coffee leaf disease
1. You can easily see the leaf of the coffee tree turning yellow or brown spot
2. you will definitely notice the presence of orange powdery mass on the leaves of coffee. that is a sign of the infection of coffee leaf rust
3. you will notice the rapid dropping off of the leaves of coffee
How to prevent the spread of coffee leaf rust
the underlisted are some of the following ways we can prevent the spread and attack of the coffee leaf rust
1. the former to prevent the infections and devastating effect of coffee leaf rust please plant seed from healthy plants that are not affected by this disease
2. don't also forget to use disease resistant varieties of the coffee plant to sow farm.
3. Spray your Cocoa plantation with the proper copper fungicide since the coffee leaf rust is a fungal disease
Thank you for visiting some of our articles today
Forget to share this with students around you, friends from your schools or your family, social media.
invite them to this page
popular post of all time
WEEDS AND THEIR BOTANICAL NAMES The names of these weeds are as follows in detail Wild potato or moring glory--Striga senegalensis Broom w...
AGRICULTURAL IMPLEMENTS TYPES AND USES OF SIMPLE FARM TOOLS OR IMPLEMENTS. During agricultural production farmers carry out many farm op...
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF MECHANIZATION Farm mechanization is the use of Farm mechanization is the use of large farm implement. Farm...
what is Pre-planting operations? These are operations carried out before sowing. They include choosing of site, clearing, stumping, plo...
TWENTY (20) DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SUBSISTENCE AND COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE THERE A LOT OF difference between subsistence and commercial agric...
post Planting operations These are activities carried out by the farmer after land preparation. They are what the farm...
CULTURAL Practices in agriculture Cultural practices are all the activities carried out on the farm before, during and after planting of c...
Sources of farm power Farm power can be described as any source of energy( energy transfer in an ecosystem read here ) or force that can be...
FARM BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES 1. Identify different types of farm buildings and structures. 2. Outline the uses of the various buildings ...
Agricultural nomenclature Agricultural nomenclature The system of naming crops and weeds is based on that introduced by the Swedish Natu...
Areas of Specialization in Agriculture The following are the different areas.which one can specialize in the study of agriculture: 1. So...