what is the effect of monocropping type of farming on an ecological system of an environment
Before looking into the effect of monocropping type of farming on the ecological system, let's look at what is mono cropping in the first place, what type of farming method is called monocropping.
What is mono cropping?
Mono cropping system of Farming is a system of farming in which one crop is cultivated every year.
monocropping can be termed as a system of Farming whereby a farmer specialises in the production of a single type of crop like rice only
No mono cropping is well understood by you so let us go into the effect of planting only one type of crop by a farmer
The effects of mono cropping system of farming
The following are the effect of monocropping
1. Mono cropping system of Farming provides abundant food for pet of the vastly cultivated crop like a weaver bird eating rice
2. Through mono cropping process of farming the population of pest found on the given environment is increased rapidly
3. So when you are engaging in Mono cropping system of Farming like the planting of rice only, be sure you are going to meet a lot of difficulties in trying to keep your products or produce from pests
4. Mono cropping in effect reduces the soil nutrient of an environment or piece of Farmland.
5. Mono cropping system of Farming can also bring about specialisation in a narrowed area of farming
6. Mono cropping is very important and is good for those who engage in Commercial agriculture like plantation farming.
Thanks for coming to our site today.
feel free to explore some of our articles and don't forget to share with friends using social media handles
Fabian has B.Sc in agriculture and biology. has taught in various schools and colleges. Certified computer technician and a trained auto mechanic, and I took to writing online in order to reach millions of people who would want to learn using their electronic gadgets to enhance their knowledge. I have major on Agricultural science, biology, health sciences and home economics
popular post of all time
WEEDS AND THEIR BOTANICAL NAMES The names of these weeds are as follows in detail Wild potato or moring glory--Striga senegalensis Broom w...
AGRICULTURAL IMPLEMENTS TYPES AND USES OF SIMPLE FARM TOOLS OR IMPLEMENTS. During agricultural production farmers carry out many farm op...
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF MECHANIZATION Farm Farm mechanization Farm mechanization Farm mechanization is Farm mechanization is the ...
what is Pre-planting operations? These are operations carried out before sowing. They include choosing of site, clearing, stumping, plo...
TWENTY (20) DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SUBSISTENCE AND COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE THERE A LOT OF difference between subsistence and commercial agric...
CULTURAL Practices in agriculture Cultural practices are all the activities carried out on the farm before, during and after planting of c...
post Planting operations These are activities carried out by the farmer after land preparation. They are what the farm...
Sources of farm power Farm power can be described as any source of energy( energy transfer in an ecosystem read here ) or force that can be...
Agricultural nomenclature Agricultural nomenclature The system of naming crops and weeds is based on that introduced by the Swedish Natu...
FARM BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES 1. Identify different types of farm buildings and structures. 2. Outline the uses of the various buildings ...
there are so many types of diseases that are caused by microorganisms in animals these diseases are harmful to the well-being of every anima...